- Fish Vet Group consolidates its position as leading international aquaculture health provider
Scotland, UK: Inverness-based Fish Vet Group (FVG) today announced further consolidation of its position as the largest international aquaculture health provider with the merging of Ireland-based Vet Aqua International into the growing FVG business.Published: 11 December, 2013
- World's largest fish farm opens - in Middle East
THE Middle East is not normally regarded as a leading player in the global aquaculture business, but in fact the world's largest and most technologically advanced fish farm has just opened in Abu Dhabi. It will produce luxury Siberian caviar.Published: 09 December, 2013
- Australis Seafoods and AquaGen announce long term cooperation
Australis Seafoods and AquaGen announce long term cooperation on salmon genetics and egg production in Chile.Published: 02 December, 2013
- Aquaculture,to develop renewable energy.
A new three year research project will see aquaculture, agriculture and biogas sectors working together to
develop renewable energy.Published: 02 December, 2013
- International Aquaculture Focus on South Australia in 2014
South Australia’s world-renowned aquaculture sector will be under the spotlight next year as Adelaide plays host to the World Aquaculture Conference.Published: 28 November, 2013
- AquaBounty cleared to produce salmon eggs in Canada for commercial purposes
AquaBounty Technologies, Inc. (AIM: ABTX), a biotechnology company focused on enhancing productivity in the aquaculture market and a majority-owned subsidiary of Intrexon CorporationPublished: 28 November, 2013
- THE SCOTTISH SALMON COMPANY PLC RELEASES Q3 RESULTS
· Revenues of £18.4m (Q3 2012: £21.5m) achieved on harvest volumes of 4,531 tonnes (6,607 tonnes)
· EBIT before Biomass Fair Value Adjustment was a loss of £1.3m (profit of £0.1m in Q3 2012) with results impacted by the higher cost of stock that were affected by Amoebic Gill Disease (AGD) during 2012
· Q3 results in line with expectations. Year to date EBIT before Biomass Fair Value Adjustment was £4.3m (2012: nil) on similar year to date volumesPublished: 28 November, 2013
- Over 250 years of experience recognised by Scottish Sea Farms
Ten Scottish Sea Farms employees have chalked up over 250 years of service to the company and have received awards this month (November 2013).Published: 27 November, 2013
- DSM receives European patent for use of canthaxanthin to improve breeder performance
DSM’s patent application for the use of canthaxanthin in MaxiChick™ has been granted in Europe.Published: 22 November, 2013
- Underwater Cameras Help Police and Commercial Divers
Underwater video systems are now widely used by both public and private sector dive operations. These systems consist of video camera mounted in an underwater housing with a long cable connecting it to a monitor on the surface where the picture is viewed and recorded.Published: 21 November, 2013
- Falkland Islands’ trout farm
The collaborative expertise from two leading Scottish aquaculture companies has led to the successful completion of a brown trout farm in the Falkland Islands.Published: 20 November, 2013
- Marine Harvest offer cash reward in bid to recapture escaped salmon
MARINE Harvest, the giant Norwegian farmed salmon producer is offering a reward of 60 euros for each fish recaptured after a mass salmon escape at one of its farms in Western Norway.Published: 19 November, 2013
- ASC labelled responsibly farmed fish introduced in Belgian Fish Guide
The Aquaculture Stewardship Council (ASC) is pleased to announce that the Belgian Fish Guide for the first time will feature ASC certified tilapia and pangasius.Published: 18 November, 2013
- Aquaculture May Provide New Opportunities for Aussie Farmers
As Australia’s mining boom eases a little, and our agrifood products face increasingly stiff competition in global markets, aquaculture could provide new and financially rewarding opportunities for many farmers across Australia.Published: 13 November, 2013
- PHARMAQ established in Central America
In October, PHARMAQ established the subsidiaries PHARMAQ CA Panama Inc. and PHARMAQ COSTA RICA S.A as part of the company's global strategy. The operations in Central America will be run from the new PHARMAQ office in Panama City.Published: 08 November, 2013
- Satisfactory Q3 performance from Bakkafrost
The Bakkafrost salmon farming group delivered a total operating EBIT of (Danish Kroners) DKK 186.8 million in Q3 2013Published: 07 November, 2013
- Skretting Australia Involvement at WAA14
Skretting Australia is proud to be the naming sponsor of the World Aquaculture Adelaide conference. Skretting is a world leader in the nutritional solutions for farmed fish and shrimp with a total annual production of 1.7 million tonnes.Published: 05 November, 2013
- Salmon escapes caused by human factors - What can salmon farmers from various countries learn from each other?
As part of the project "Human factors and escapes from salmon farms" funded by The Norwegian Seafood Research Fund, SINTEF Fisheries and Aquaculture arranged an international workshop in association with Aqua Nor in August 2013Published: 04 November, 2013
- Scotland to host Aquaculture Europe 2016
The Board of Directors of the European Aquaculture Society (EAS) is pleased to announce that the Aquaculture Europe 2016 will take place in Edinburgh, Scotland. AE2016 will feature a scientific conference, an international trade event, special sessions for aquaculture producers and satellite workshops and events.Published: 16 September, 2013
- World's largest fish farm opens - in Middl...
- Part-time freelance Job
- Fishupdate briefing
- Fishing company takes delivery of new supe...
- Scottish fishermen express concern over mo...
- M&S recall Scottish mussel products after...
- Humber seafood heads to Brussels
- Farms Manager Loch Etive, nr Taynuilt
- Monday 9 December 2013 prices at Peterhead
- Aquaculture,to develop renewable energy.