In a region where the appetite for gourmet and premium seafood is growing, the Asian Seafood Exposition has announced that it has attracted strong industry support for its 2013 event scheduled to be held from September 3-5, 2013.
With a week to go, pre-registration attendance levels are particularly strong and more than 160 seafood companies from around the world will be exhibiting at the event.
Taking place at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre, the 2013 exposition features a dynamic line-up of signature events including a full programme of master classes, culinary demonstrations and conferences to complement the show's position as a forum for specialist seafood buyers, chefs and suppliers to review, sample and showcase products, plus learn about upcoming trends.
Commenting on this year's special events schedule, Ms Mary Larkin, Vice President of Seafood Expositions for show producers Diversified Business Communications, said that the Asian Seafood Exposition's series of knowledge-sharing sessions and interactive culinary demonstrations were designed to enhance the experience for visitors by providing them with an opportunity to learn about new ingredients, innovations, key challenges and developments affecting the regional seafood market.
"We are delighted to be able to provide an environment where Asia's leading seafood experts can convene to examine the trends, strategies, risks and profit opportunities affecting the industry, as well as network and forge meaningful partnerships with key decision makers in the sector," said Ms Larkin.
According to Ms Larkin, all participants are invited to attend the event's official welcome reception which will be held between 4.00p.m. and 6.00p.m on Tuesday 3 September 2013.
"This complimentary networking cocktail reception offers exhibitors and attendees the opportunity to meet with leading players from across the region and preview the show's activities in a relaxed, social environment," she added.
For 2013, the Asian Seafood Exposition's agenda will also deliver a number of specially tailored presentations with highlights including:
· Master Class Series where industry professionals will share a wealth of experience and knowledge on premium seafood such as lobster, abalone, sea cucumbers, sea urchins amongst other species with guidance on how to grow, source, select, handle and prepare them;
· Culinary Demonstrations where distinguished chefs will demonstrate how to sophisticatedly cook a variety of premium seafood;
· Educational Sessions where the industry's most influential speakers will discuss prominent topics, focus points and market trends pertinent to the seafood industry in the Asian region.
"We are very encouraged by the strong support that the event has received to date," said Ms Larkin. "The fact that so many leading organisations are supporting the show reinforces the importance of this event as a platform where members of the seafood community can come together to explore future trading opportunities which is helping the industry maximize its potential."
The Asian Seafood Exposition is a trade event where buyers and suppliers of seafood from around the world come together to network and conduct business in the lucrative Hong Kong and Asia Pacific markets.
The event's fourth edition is scheduled to take place from September 3-5, 2013 at the Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Centre in Wanchai, Hong Kong. The exposition is produced by Diversified Business Communications and is co-located with Restaurant & Bar Hong Kong. www.asianseafoodexpo.com
- World's largest fish farm opens - in Middl...
- Part-time freelance Job
- Fishupdate briefing
- Humber seafood heads to Brussels
- Fishing company takes delivery of new supe...
- Scottish fishermen express concern over mo...
- Monday 9 December 2013 prices at Peterhead
- Farms Manager Loch Etive, nr Taynuilt
- M&S recall Scottish mussel products after...
- Fish Vet Group consolidates its position a...