Commenting on figures which show the number of fishing vessels and fishermen are both at record lows.
Scottish Liberal Democrat rural affairs spokesperson Jim Hume MSP has said: “The increase to value of fish is welcome but should not distract us from what is clearly a very troubled economic outlook for Scotland’s fishing industry. This must be tackled head on by the Scottish Government.
“Richard Lochhead should work with the UK government to promote the Coastal Communities Fund in Scotland. The £3.9 million fund will go some way to support economic development in Scottish coastal communities by promoting sustainable economic growth and jobs in tourism, fisheries and aquaculture sectors.”
- Major changes in fish labelling on way- se...
- The Norwegian codfathers
- Eley quits as CEO of Iceland Seachill UK
- Hebrides farmed salmon jobs
- US gets tougher with Iceland over whaling
- Icelandic fleet heads into Faroese waters
- Marine Harvest playing with a full deck
- FISHupdate briefing
- Technical Services Manager – FVG Scotland
- Seafood companies urged to go north